Up to 4160 VAC, 10,000 HP
The Dura-Bilt5i MV series of medium-voltage AC-fed drives delivers reliable operation in a robust and compact design, providing a cost-effective solution for a broad range of applications. The Dura-Bilt5i MV delivers value through low cost of ownership and high reliability.
The versatile Dura-Bilt5i MV drive can be used in a wide variety of non-regenerative applications, including:
- Fans and other high inertia variable torque loads
- High starting torque loads such as cement kilns, extruders, and mixers
- Pipeline and process compressors
- Pumps of all sorts
- Motor starting with synchronizing to the utility
The Dura-Bilt5i MV is a fully digital voltage source Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Medium-Voltage (MV) drive with a compact and compartmentalized air-cooled design to optimize equipment segregation, cooling, and maintenance.
Power Levels & Motors
The DB5i is compatible with new or existing induction or synchronous motors from 200 to 10,000 HP, and from 2300 to 4160 volts.
- Only front equipment access is needed, simplifying installation.
- Innovative but proven heat-pipe cooling in larger frame sizes provides water-cooled performance with air-cooled simplicity, from 0 to 40 C, 50 C with derating.
- An integral incoming fused disconnect can be included without increasing the footprint.
- A cool-operating copper-wound drive isolation transformer is included within the compact enclosure. Multiple windings provide harmonic cancellation.
Power System and Motor Friendly
The drive AC to DC converter uses a 24-pulse diode rectifier, giving power-system-friendly operation that is better than IEEE 519 harmonic guidelines.
Interfaces and Controls
- Uses the TMEIC family common control platform, including PP7 microprocessor, control I/O, and the TMEIC TMdrive-Navigator
- The Dura-Bilt5i MV's advanced user interface, and system features provide fast startups, easy monitoring of operation, and close match of drive to application.
The Dura-Bilt5i MV product has a series designation appropriate for the outgoing motor voltage:
- 2000 Series: 2000-2400 V ac, 200-3000 HP
- 4000 Series: 4000-4200 V ac, 400-7000 HP
- A dual bank drive for 4000 series provides up to 10,000 HP