3.3 kV, 40,000 HP
The TMdrive-70 from TMEIC is a high-power, water-cooled, precise and rugged, fully digitalized vector-controlled three-level pulse width modulated (PWM) induction and synchronous motor drive system.
The TMdrive-70 uses the very latest but proven power switching technology, the injection enhanced gate transistor (IEGT). The IEGT is a voltage-switched power device with low on-state voltage and high-speed switching.
Flexible arrangement of converter, inverter, and cooling units gives high-power density and a very small required floor space and lower installation costs.
The high-power TMdrive-70 can be used in many applications, including:
- Precision-controlled processes with high dynamic performance requirements such as large metal mill main drives.
- Large fan, pumping and compressor applications. The TM-70 provides accurate speed control and high efficiency while eliminating the need for high maintenance mechanical flow control devices.
- Grinding mills with high overloads and impact loads.
- Mine hoists, with high overloads and overhauling loads.
The TM-70 drive includes a fully digitalized vector controlled three-level pulse width modulated (PWM) inverter and the choice of either an active regenerative AC-to-DC converter or a diode converter.
- Power levels 5000 kVA to 40,000 kVA at 3300 output volts (any output voltage through output matching transformer)
- Low harmonic distortion to the power system – meets IEEE-519-1992 guidelines with the available IEGT active, regenerative power converter.
- More economical diode AC-to-DC power conversion with 12 and 24 pulse configurations to supply non-regenerative loads such as fans or pumps.
- Induction or synchronous motor compatibility.
- Uses the TMEIC family common control platform, including PP7 microprocessor, control I/O, and the TMdrive Navigator tool.
TM-70 power conversion components include:
- TMdrive-70 inverters (8,000 and 10,000 frames) that can be paralleled up to 40,000 kVA capacity.
- TMdrive-D70 diode non-regenerative AC-to-DC converters (8,000 frame) that can be configured in 12 or 24 pulse arrangements.
- TMdrive-P70 regenerative AC-to-DC converters (8,000 and 10,000 frames) that can be paralleled in combination with inverters up to 40,000 kVA capacity.